10.28.2009

how I knew it was time


Oct. 16, 2009 | 10:25 p.m. | Apple cider | My house

I'm not the world's biggest klutz. Occasionally, I'm even coordinated. That said, it's always our friends who keep us honest, and recently my friend John pointed out my specialty: spills. We do bar reviews once a week and after spilling pork juice, beer and other greasy substances, he suggested I document my accidents. As a photographer, I document a lot of the world around me. I rarely document myself.

When John first suggested I start a spill blog, I laughed. Then I decided to document my spills for a few weeks, just to see if I actually spilled enough to make an interesting blog from the incidents. It was ultimately my dog Baley who let me know, yes, I spill enough to start a blog. I was hosting a small gathering and had just put a cup of hot cider to my lips when Bales sprinted passed me (quite triumphantly, might I add) and spilled my cider all over the couch and me. Yep, that was the moment. I had modeled spilling enough that now even my dog was doing it with style. And so we begin...

1 comment:

  1. A Spills blog - PERFECT! Elie, you do spill things quite a bit. I noticed you found a spill at Johnny's place. Good luck finding one at mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete